PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD124
Clone mIL4R-M1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il4r; IL-4Rα; Il4ra; IL-4RA; IL-4R-alpha; IL4-BP; IL-4 Receptor α chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
ELISA, Neutralization (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Mouse CTLL-19.4 T Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The mIL4R-M1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD124 which is also known as the α subunit of the mouse Interleukin-4 Receptor (IL-4Rα). The mouse IL-4Rα is a 140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed by B and T lymphocytes and a variety of other hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cells and cell lines. The cell surface IL-4Rα chain binds IL-4 with high affinity and associates with either the common γ chain (IL-4Rα/γc; aka, type I IL-4R) or the IL-13 receptor alpha subunit (IL-4Rα/IL-13Rα; aka, type II IL-4R complex) to form two distinct types of signal-transducing IL-4R complexes. The type I IL-4 receptor complex specifically binds IL-4 whereas the type II IL-4R binds and transduces signals from either IL-4 or IL-13. The mIL4R-M1 antibody blocks IL-4 binding to cells and is reported to be a potent inhibitor of IL-4's biological activities. The mIL4R-M1 antibody also recognizes naturally-occurring, soluble truncated forms of IL-4Rα (sIL-4R) that result either from enzymatic cleavage of the cell surface extracellular IL-4Rα domain or from differential mRNAsplicing and secretion by cells. These sIL-4R retain their high-affinity ligand binding domain and appear to either enhance or inhibit IL-4-mediated functions depending on the relative local levels of IL-4 and sIL-4R.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
Immunofluorescent staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The PE conjugated form of the mIL4R-M1 antibody can be used for the immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis of nucleated mouse cells to measure their expressed levels of surface CD124. An appropriate PE Ig isotype control is clone R35-95 (Cat. No. 553930).
ELISA: The biotinylated mIL4R-M1 (Cat. No. 552508) antibody is useful as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA that measures soluble mouse CD124 protein levels. The mIL-4R-M1 antibody can be paired with the mIL4R-M2 antibody, Cat. No. 552952, and recombinant soluble mIL-4Rα as the standard.
Neutralization: The mIL4R-M1 antibody reportedly blocks IL-4 binding to and biological effects on, IL-4R-positive cells. Note: For use in in vivo and in vitro applications, our NA/LE format (no azide/ low endotoxin), Cat. No. 552288, is recommended.
Immunoprecipitation: The mIL4R-M1 antibody is reported to immunoprecipitate mouse CD124 proteins. Please note that this application is not routinely tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen.