PE Mouse Anti-Human CD59
Clone p282 (H19) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name HRF-20; MAC-inhibitory protein; MAC-IP; MACIF; MEM43; MIRL; Protectin; 1F5
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Erythrocytes
- Workshop No. V S006
- Entrez Gene ID 966
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The p282 (HI9) monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD59, a 19 kDa glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored glycoprotein, expressed on hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells. Because of its interaction with complement activated products, CD59 has been termed membrane-attack-complex-inhibitory factor (MACIF), homologus restriction factor (HRF20), membrane inhibitor of reactive lysis (MIRL) and Protectin. It inhibits the cytolytic activity of the complement system by binding to C8 and C9, thereby blocking the assembly of the membrane attack complex. CD59 also participates in spontaneous T-cell/erythrocyte adhesion, interacts with CD2, and plays a role in T-cell activation.
Clone p282 also cross-reacts with peripheral blood leukocytes of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution of leukocytes is similar to that observed with peripheral blood leukocytes from normal human donors, with all populations, lymphocytes, monocytes and granulocytes showing reactivity to p282.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.