PE Mouse Anti-Human CD79b
Clone 3A2-2E7 (also known as SN8) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Igβ; B29; IGB; AGM6; CD79B
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Cell membranes from human B-prol ymphocytic leukemia (B-PLL) cells
- Workshop No. V B037
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3A2-2E7 monoclonal antibody (also known as SN8) specifically recognizes CD79b. Immunoglobulin (Ig) antigen receptors are composed of a non-covalently-associated complex of Ig and two other proteins, Igα and Igβ, clustered as CD79a and CD79b, respectively. CD79b is a membrane glycoprotein of 229 residues, with a predicted relative molecular mass of 36-40 kDa. Its expression is restricted to B lineage cells. CD79b reportedly associates with surface IgM and is involved in signal transduction. The 3A2-2E7 antibody has similar reactivity characteristics as clone CB3-1. The 3A2-2E7 and CD3-1 antibodies specifically react with an epitope that is enhanced on certain B-cell leukemias such as prolymphocytic leukemia and lymphoma, but not on chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.