BV650 Hamster Anti-Mouse TCR Vβ3
Clone KJ25 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name TCR V beta 3; TCR Vβ3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen αβ TCR purified from mouse T-cell hybridoma 2B4.6
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The KJ25 antibody specifically reacts with the Vβ 3 T-cell Receptor (TCR) of strains having the a (e.g., C57BR, SJL), b (e.g., AKR, CBA/Ca, C57BL, DBA/1), and c (e.g., RIII) haplotypes of the Tcrb gene complex. Vβ 3 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes are clonally eliminated either completely or partially in mice expressing superantigens encoded by the Mtv-1 (Mls-4[a], Mls[c]), Mtv-3 (Mls[c]), Mtv-6 (Mls-3[a], Mls[c]), Mtv-13 (Mls-2[a], Mls[c]), Mtv-27, Mtv-44, and/or Mtv-MAI endogenous proviruses (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA/J, C3H/He, DBA/2, NZB, NZW). Vβ 3 TCR-bearing T cells are activated by the superantigenic Staphylococcal Enterotoxins A and B. Activation or elimination of Vβ 3 TCR-expressing T cells by these determinants is partially dependent upon presentation by I-E. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen does not cross-react with rat leukocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV650 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 650-nm. BD Horizon BV650 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect APC-like dyes (eg, 660/20-nm filter). Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there will be spillover into the APC and Alexa Fluor® 700 detectors. However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BV650 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 650 nm. Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there will be spillover into the APC and Alexa Fluor® 700 detectors. BV650 will have moderate spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV711 detector.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Download TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV650 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 650 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).