BV421 Mouse Anti-Human IL-21
Clone 3A3-N2.1 (also known as 3A3-N2) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-21, IL21, Za11
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-21 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Human Interleukin-21 (IL-21) is a member of the type I cytokine family that is encoded by a gene resident on chromosome 4. The mature form of human IL-21 is a 131 amino acid protein. IL-21 is produced by activated NKT and multiple CD4+ T cell subsets including effector memory and central memory CD4+ T cells and differentiated T helper cell subsets polarized towards Th17 cell and T follicular helper (Tfh) phenotypes. IL-21 plays important protective roles in the regulation of hematopoiesis and both innate and adaptive immune responses and adverse roles in promoting autoimmunity. IL-21 costimulates the proliferation and differentiation of CD4+ T cells. It enhances the proliferation of and cytotoxicity mediated by natural killer (NK) cells and CD8+ T cells. IL-21 costimulates B cell proliferation and differentiation into plasma cells producing immunoglobulins with IgG isotypes. IL-21 can also regulate the functions of dendritic cells and other myeloid cells. IL-21 exerts its biological activities by binding to and activating the Janus activating kinases (JAK1 and JAK3) and signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT1, STAT3, STA5a and STAT5b) signaling pathways through the IL-21 receptor (IL-21R) complex. The IL-21R complex is comprised of the IL-21R alpha subunit and the common cytokine receptor gamma subunit (γ c; CD132).
The monoclonal 3A3-N2 antibody specifically binds to human IL-21.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.