Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD87
Clone VIM5 (also known as VIM-5) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human THP-1 Cell Line
- Workshop No. V MA013
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The VIM5 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD87. CD87 is also known as the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPA-R). CD87 is a 50-65 kDa single chain glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked glycoprotein. uPA-R was clustered as CD87 in the Fifth Human Leukocyte Differentiation Antigens Workshop. It is expressed on neutrophils, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, endothelial cells, activated T cells, fibroblasts, and smooth muscle. CD87 plays a role in cell-associated fibrinolytic activity and tissue invasion. This antibody may be useful in the study of myeloid cell differentiation.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.