BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD117
Clone 104D2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name KIT; c-Kit; SCFR; PBT; Mast/stem cell growth factor receptor
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Megakaryoctic cell line MOLM-1
- Workshop No. VI C30
- Entrez Gene ID 3815
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 104D2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD117, the receptor for stem cell factor (SCF). It selectively recognizes NIH- 3T3 cells transfected with human c-kit, the gene that codes for SCF-R. The 104D2 antibody does not block the epitope that binds SCF. In the bone marrow of humans and mice, SCF is expressed primarily on hematopoietic progenitor cells. Lack of functional SCF or deficient SCF-R caused by mutations in the Sl and W loci, respectively, can result in severe anemia and a decrease in the number of primitive progenitor cells in mice. Human hematopoietic progenitor cells can be recognized by their surface expression of CD34. This cell population constitutes a small subset (1% to 5%) of bone marrow cells. CD34+ cells contain a small subpopulation of primitive/non-committed progenitors, with the remaining fraction being cells committed to the various hematopoietic lineages. SCF alone induces extensive proliferation of erythroid-committed progenitor cells (CD34lo CD71hi CD64-). On primitive (CD34hi CD38lo CD50+) and granulo-monocytic (CD34+ CD64+) progenitor cells, SCF synergistically enhances the effects of other cytokines, the strongest of which are on the primitive progenitor cells. In addition, SCF promotes survival of primitive progenitors in the absence of proliferation. The receptor is highly expressed at similar levels on all of the three mentioned CD34+ cell subsets, whereas B-lymphoid committed progenitor cells (CD34+ CD19+) express low levels of SCF-R. Among CD34- bone marrow cells, only a small number of cells (mostly erythroid) express the receptor.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (e.g. 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.