APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD86
Clone 2331 (FUN-1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name B7.2; B7-2; B-lymphocyte activation antigen B7-2; B70; BU63; CD28LG2; LAB72
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human HBL-1 Cell Line
- Workshop No. V B046, BP126
- Entrez Gene ID 942
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2331 (FUN-1) monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes a 75 kDa transmembrane cell surface protein, CD86 (B70/B7-2), expressed primarily on monocytes, dendritic cells and activated B cells. Competitive binding assays demonstrate that, while both 2331 (FUN-1) and IT2.2 (Anti-CD86) antibodies specifically recognize the same molecule, they react with different epitopes. CD86 is a ligand for CD28 and CTLA-4 and plays an important role in costimulation of T cells in primary immune response. The 2331 (FUN-1) antibody blocks the costimulatory activity of CD86 when tested in functional studies.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.