APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD40
Clone 5C3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name TNFRSF5; TNF receptor superfamily member 5; CD40L receptor; Bp50; p50
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V CD40.4
- Entrez Gene ID 958
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This 5C3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD40, a 45-48 kDa type I integral membrane glycoprotein. CD40 is expressed on B lymphocytes, but is not expressed on terminally differentiated B cells. CD40 is also expressed by endothelial cells, basal epithelial cells and some epithelial cell carcinomas, follicular dendritic cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, and CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells. This antibody is useful for studying the roles played by CD40 in B-cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation including immunoglobulin isotype switching. Anti-CD40 antibodies have been reported to stimulate B-cell proliferation when costimulated with anti-µ, anti-CD20 antibodies or with phorbol esters. 5C3 is capable of inducing B-cell proliferation when presented with IL-4.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.