PE Rat Anti-Mouse IL-4
Clone 11B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Partially Purified Mouse IL-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a pleiotropic cytokine that has many roles, such as inducing the differentiation of naïve helper T cells (Th0 cells) to Th2 cells, stimulating activated B-cell and T-cell proliferation, and promoting immunoglobulin class switching to IgG1 and IgE in mouse B-cells. IL-4 is expressed by CD4 T-cells, mast cells, basophils and eosinophils. IL-4 was previously known as B-Cell Differentiation Factor (BCDF) or B-cell Stimulatory Factor (BSF1). The 11B11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse IL-4. The immunogen used to generate the 11B11 hybridoma was partially purified mouse IL-4 prepared from the supernatant of Phorbol 12-Myristate 13-Acetate (PMA)-stimulated EL-4 cells. The 11B11 antibody is reportedly a neutralizing antibody.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
1. Flow Cytometry: The 11B11 antibody has been reported to be useful for the immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis of IL-4-producing cells. The PE-conjugated 11B11 antibody can be used for multicolor flow cytometric analyses to identify and enumerate IL-4 producing cells within mixed cell populations (see right image). For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be pretitrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). An approprate isotype control is PE-conjugated R3-34, (Cat. No. 554685). For specific methodology, please visit our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com, and go to the protocols section or the chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook.