APC Rat Anti-Mouse IL-10
Clone JES5-16E3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant mouse IL-10
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES5-16E3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the mouse cytokine, Interleukin-10 (IL-10). IL-10 is also known as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF). It is produced by various activated cell types including CD4+ T cells, CD8+ T cells, T regulatory cells, NK T cells, B1 B cells, NK cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, mast cells, granulocytes and keratinocytes. IL-10 plays a pivotal role in regulating immune responses and protecting the host from damage caused by inflammatory and autoimmune responses. IL-10 has numerous biological activities including the inhibition of cytokine synthesis by activated T cells, NK cells, monocytes, and macrophages. In the presence of accessory cells, IL-10 inhibits mitogen- or anti-CD3 induced proliferation of T lymphocytes. IL-10 has also been shown to costimulate the development of thymocytes, B cell differentiation and the generation of cytotoxic T cells. The immunogen used to generate the JES5-16E3 hybridoma was recombinant mouse IL-10. JES5-16E3 is a neutralizing antibody.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining for Flow Cytometric Analysis: The APC-conjugated JES5-16E3 antibody can be used for multicolor flow cytometric analyses to identify and enumerate IL-10 producing cells within mixed cell populations (see image). For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). For specific methodology, please visit our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com, and go to the protocols section or Chapter 4: Immunofluorescent Staining of Intracellular Molecules for Flow Cytometric Analysis in the Techniques for Immune Function Analysis Application Handbook 1st Edition. 2003.
ELISA: The purified JES5-16E3 is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA for measuring mouse IL-10 protein levels.