V500 Rat anti-Mouse CD4
Clone RM4-5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Cd4; CD4 antigen; L3T4; Ly-4; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymocytes (BALB/c)
- Entrez Gene ID 12504
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RM4-5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD4 (L3T4) differentiation antigen expressed on most thymocytes, subpopulations of mature T lymphocytes (i.e., MHC class II-restricted T cells, including most T helper cells and immunosuppressive regulatory T cells), and a subset of NK-T cells. CD4 has also been reported to be detected on pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells, bone marrow myeloid and B-lymphocyte precursors, intrathymic lymphoid precursors, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells. CD4 has been reported to be expressed on the plasma membrane of mouse egg cells and is involved in adhesion of the egg to MHC class II-bearing sperm. CD4 is an antigen coreceptor on the T-cell surface which interacts with MHC class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells. It participates in T-cell activation through its association with the T-cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck. Purified RM4-5 mAb has been reported to block the binding of FITC-conjugated anti-mouse CD4 clones GK1.5 and H129.19, but not the RM4-4 clone.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V500, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is
available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser with an Ex max of 415 nm and Em Max at 500 nm. BD Horizon V500 conjugates emit at a similar wavelength to Amcyan yet exhibit reduced spillover into the FITC channel. For more information on BD Horizon V500, visit bdbiosciences.com/colors.
When compensating dyes in this spectral range (such as Horizon™ V500 and AmCyan), the most accurate compensation can be obtained using single stained cellular controls. Due to spectral differences between cells and beads in this channel, using BD CompBeads can result in spillover errors for V500 and AmCyan reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different V500 reagents (e.g. CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
BD Horizon™ V500 is a novel organic dye excited by the violet laser. This dye offers improved brightness over Pacific Orange™ and reduced spillover into the FITC channel when compared to AmCyan. BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously with AmCyan or Pacific Orange™.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V500 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V500 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- BD Horizon V500 has a maximum absorption of 415 nm and maximum emission of 500 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.