Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD25
Clone PC61 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain; IL-2RA; IL-2Rα; Il2ra; IL-2R p55
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat OFA, also known as Outbred OFA IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent cytolytic mouse T-cell clone B6.1
- Entrez Gene ID 16184
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The PC61 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD25, the low-affinity IL-2 Receptor α chain (IL-2Rα, p55) expressed on activated T and B lymphocytes from all mouse strains tested. IL-2Rα by itself is not a signaling receptor. However, it can combine with IL-2 Receptor β (CD122) and γc (CD132) chains to form high-affinity, signaling receptor complexes for IL-2. Resting T and B lymphocytes and resting and activated NK cells do not express IL-2Rα. CD25 is transiently expressed at a low level during normal B-cell development in the bone marrow on the CD45R/B220low TdT- sIg- Pre-B/Pre-B-II and CD45R/B220low TdT- sIgM+ sIgD- immature B stages, but not on the CD45R/B220low TdT+ sIg- Pro-B/Pre-B-I stage nor on CD45R/B220high TdT- sIgM+ sIgD+ mature B cells. It is expressed at a higher level during a very early stage of T-cell development in fetal and adult thymus. Peripheral CD25+CD4+ lymphocytes called regulatory T (Treg) cells are involved in the maintenance of self-tolerance. It has also been reported that dendritic cells express CD25, recognized by mAb 7D4. The PC61 antibody recognizes an epitope of CD25 which is distinct from the IL-2 binding site and from those recognized by mAbs 3C7 and 7D4. It blocks binding of IL-2 to CD25, presumably by inducing a conformational change in CD25.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Flow Cytometry: Investigators may also wish to consider using PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD25 (Cat. No. 553866) or Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD25 (Cat. No. 553069/550529) coupled with PE Streptavidin (Cat. No. 554061) for samples expressing low levels of CD25.
Immunohistochemistry: Investigators are encouraged to consider using Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD25 (Cat. No. 553069/550529) for the immunohistochemistry application.