Purified Hamster Anti-Mouse CD95
Clone Jo2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Apo-1; Apt1; Fas; FASLG receptor; lpr; TNFR6; Tnfrsf6; TNR6
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ2
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Cytotoxicity, Immunoprecipitation (Reported)
- Immunogen WR19L mouse lymphoma cells transformed with recombinant mouse Fas
- Entrez Gene ID 14102
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Fas antigen, CD95, is a 45 kDa cell-surface protein which can mediate apoptosis. It belongs to the TNF (tumor necrosis factor)/NGF receptor family. Expression of Fas has been described in the thymus, liver, heart, lung and ovary. Fas plays an important role in the apoptotic process that takes place during development. Monoclonal antibodies recognizing Fas such as Jo2 have cytolytic activity on cells expressing Fas. The cell death stimulated by Fas antibodies is characteristic of apoptosis and suggests that the lethal effects are a result of interaction of antibody with a functional Fas antigen as opposed to complement-mediated lysis.
The Jo2 antibody recognizes mouse Fas. The Jo2 antibody shows cytolytic activity against cell lines expressing mouse Fas by inducing apoptosis. Intraperitoneal injections of Jo2 mAb have been shown to kill mice and induce apoptotic hepatocyte death. Jo2 mAb has been reported to immunoprecipitate mouse Fas as a 45 kDa band from W4 cells. W4 cells are WR19L mouse lymphoma cells transformed with mouse Fas. The difference between the observed MW of Fas and that deduced from its amino acid sequence (Mr 34,971) may be due to glycosylation.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
The NA/LE format (No Azide/Low Endotoxin, Cat. No. 554254) of Jo2 should be used for both in vitro and in vivo apoptosis assays. The other formats contain azide and have not been specially prepared with low endotoxin levels. The presence of sodium azide and/or endotoxin in other formats may affect the results of functional assays, both in vitro and in vivo.