Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD45RA
Clone 14.8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Radiation-induced NZC mouse B lymphoma WEHI-279
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 14.8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes an exon A-dependent epitope of the CD45 protein, which is found at high density on B cells and at low density on peripheral T cytotoxic/suppressor cells and a very small subset of thymocytes. Nearly all B-lineage cells, including B-cell precursors in fetal liver and adult bone marrow and Ig-secreting cells, but not hematopoietic stem cells or myeloid progenitors, have been reported to be detectable by mAb 14.8. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family: Its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains, and the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), plus, differing levels of glycosylation. The CD45 isoforms detected in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. mAb 14.8 has been reported to enhance the proliferative effect of PHA on purified spleen T cells, possibly by replacing a signal normally delivered by accessory cells, to enhance isotype switching during in vitro B-cell responses, and to inhibit antigen-induced p21 [ras] activation.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.