APC Mouse Anti-Human CD95
Clone DX2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name APO-1; FAS; TNFRSF6; APT1; ALPS1A; FAS1; FASTM; FASLG receptor
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H, also known as C3H/He, C3H/Bi IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD95-transfected L Cells
- Workshop No. VI C-64
- Entrez Gene ID 355
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DX2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human Fas antigen (also called APO-1). This 45 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein was designated as CD95 at the Fifth HLDA Workshop. Fas is a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily and is also known as Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6 (TNFRSF6). It is differentially expressed on a variety of normal and neoplastic cells. These include some undifferentiated thymocytes, and activated T and B lymphocytes, natural killer (NK) cells, monocytes, neutrophils, fibroblasts, and cell lines. CD95 is preferentially expressed on CD45RO-positive memory T lymphocytes and γ/δ T lymphocytes. The Fas/CD95 antigen is a polypeptide that plays a role in the programmed sequence of events leading to cell death, termed apoptosis. Crosslinking CD95 with DX2 antibody delivers an apoptotic signal indicating that DX2 recognizes a functional epitope of the CD95 antigen.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.