BV421 Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-60 Antigen
Clone TRA-1-60 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name TRA-1-60(R)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Embryonal Carcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TRA-1-60 monoclonal antibody reacts with the neuraminidase-resistant form of a pluripotent-stem-cell-specific epitope on a high-molecular-weight transmembrane glycoprotein. The TRA-1-60 antigen is a sialylated epitope on the same keratan sulfate core molecule, podocalyxin, as 4 other distinct antigens on tumor-derived cell lines, TRA-1-81, GCTM2, K4, and K21. The expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. The antigen is found on teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC), embryonic inner cell mass (but not morula or trophoblast), and embryonic stem (ES) cells. TRA-1-60 antigen is released into the serum of patients bearing testicular tumors containing EC cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is lost. Expression of TRA-1-60 antigen has also been observed on a rhesus monkey ES cell line (Thomson et al, 1995).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.