BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD11b/Mac-1
Clone ICRF44 (also known as 44) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name MAC-1A; Mac-1; ITGAM; Integrin alpha M; CR3A; CR-3 alpha; Mo1; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human monocytes
- Workshop No. IV M047
- Entrez Gene ID 3684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ICRF44 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, the 165-kDa adhesion glycoprotein that associates with the 95-kDa integrin β2 (CD18) to form the CD11b/CD18 complex, also known as Mac-1 or CR3. CD11b is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by ITGAM (Integrin alpha M). It is expressed on activated lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes, and a subset of NK cells. CD11b functions in cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions and is a receptor for iC3b, CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2) and CD50 (ICAM-3). This antibody significantly inhibits polymorphonuclear leukocyte aggregation in response to fMLP.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.