V500 Rat anti-Mouse Ly-6A/E
Clone D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ly-6A/E; Lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1; Ly-6A.2/Ly-6E.1; Sca-1; TAP
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent mouse T-cell line CTL-L
- Entrez Gene ID 110454
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The D7 monoclonal antibody recognizes Ly-6A.2 and Ly-6E.1, which are allelic members of the Ly-6 multigene family. Sca-1 (Ly6A/E), a phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein of about 18 kDa, is expressed on the multipotent hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow of mice with both Ly-6 haplotypes. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on distinct subpopulations of bone marrow and peripheral B lymphocytes as well as thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains with the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have few Ly-6A/E+ resting peripheral lymphocytes; activation of lymphocytes from mice of both Ly-6 haplotypes leads to strong expression of the Sca-1 antigen. Studies with the D7 antibody have demonstrated that Ly-6A/E may be involved in the regulation of B and T lymphocyte responses, and appears to be required for T-cell receptor-mediated T-cell activation. The purified E13-161.7 mAb (anti-Ly-6A/E) can block binding of FITC-conjugated D7 antibody to mouse splenocytes, but purified mAb D7 is unable to block binding of FITC-conjugated E13-161.7 antibody. Anti-Ly-6A/E (Sca-1) mAb may be used in combination with a Mouse Lineage Panel of antibodies to identify HSC.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V500, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is
available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser with an Ex max of 415 nm and Em Max at 500 nm. BD Horizon V500 conjugates emit at a similar wavelength to Amcyan yet exhibit reduced spillover into the FITC channel. For more information on BD Horizon V500, visit bdbiosciences.com/colors.
When compensating dyes in this spectral range (such as Horizon™ V500 and AmCyan), the most accurate compensation can be obtained using single stained cellular controls. Due to spectral differences between cells and beads in this channel, using BD CompBeads can result in spillover errors for V500 and AmCyan reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different V500 reagents (e.g. CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
BD Horizon™ V500 is a novel organic dye excited by the violet laser. This dye offers improved brightness over Pacific Orange™ and reduced spillover into the FITC channel when compared to AmCyan. BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously with AmCyan or Pacific Orange™.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V500 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V500 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- BD Horizon V500 has a maximum absorption of 415 nm and maximum emission of 500 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.