APC Rat Anti-Mouse CD31
Clone MEC 13.3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name EndoCAM; GPIIA; PECA1; PECAM1; Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen 129/Sv mouse-derived endothelioma cell line tEnd.1
- Entrez Gene ID 18613
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEC13.3 antibody specifically recognizes CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1). CD31 is a 130 kDa integral membrane protein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates cell-to-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed constitutively on the surface of adult and embryonic endothelial cells and is also expressed on many peripheral leukocytes and platelets. It has also been detected on bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells and embryonic stem cells. CD31 is involved in the transendothelial emigration of neutrophils, and neutrophil PECAM-1 appears to be down-regulated after extravasation into inflamed tissues. Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms are detected during early post-implantation embryonic development; this alternative splicing is involved in the regulation of ligand specificity. CD38 and vitronectin receptor (αvβ3 integrin, CD51/CD61) are proposed to be ligands for CD31. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis. The MEC13.3 mAb inhibits a variety of in vitro and in vivo functions mediated by CD31.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.