Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD166
Clone 3A6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
- Workshop No. VI A109
- Entrez Gene ID 214
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3A6 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM), a 100-105 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as the CD6 ligand, CD166. It is composed of an immunoglobulin-like extracellular domain, a transmembrane region and a short cytoplasmic tail. ALCAM belongs to the Ig superfamily of proteins and is expressed on neurons, activated T cells, activated monocytes, epithelial cells and fibroblasts. CD166 plays an important role in mediating adhesion interactions between thymic epithelial cells and CD6+ cells during intrathymic T-cell development.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.