V450 Mouse anti-Ki-67
Clone B56 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name MKI67; Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67; KIA
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development) Rat, Rhesus (Reported)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Ki-67
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B56 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the Ki-67 antigen that is expressed in the nucleus of cycling cells (G1, S, G2, M cell cycle phases). During the G0 phase, the antigen cannot be detected. During interphase of the cell cycle, it is associated with nucleolar components, and it is on the surface of the chromosomes during M phase. Ki-67 is a large protein having 2 alternatively spliced isoforms, an N-terminal forkhead-associated domain, a C-terminal domain that binds to heterochromatin proteins, and multiple phosphorylation sites, the functions of which are still unclear. Because of the strict association of Ki-67 expression with cell proliferation, anti-Ki-67 antibodies are useful for the identification, quantification, and monitoring of growing cell populations.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.