PE Rat Anti-Human IL-6
Clone MQ2-6A3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Rhesus, Cynomolgus (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant human IL-6
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
IL-6, a 26 kDa protein, is a multifunctional cytokine secreted by both lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells. It regulates B and T cell function and hematopoiesis. The MQ2-6A3 antibody reacts with human interleukin-6 (IL-6). The immunogen used to generate the MQ2-6A3 hybridoma was recombinant human IL-6. This is a neutralizing antibody. Clone MQ2-6A3 cross-reacts with an intracellular component of peripheral blood LPS-stimulated permeabilized monocytes of rhesus and cynomolgus macaques. The reactivity pattern observed on non-human primates is similar, although weaker, than that seen on normal human monocytes.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.