PE Mouse IgG1, κ Isotype Control
Clone MOPC-21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Isotype control, Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MOPC-21 immunoglobulin is a mouse myeloma protein. The MOPC-21 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- This antibody has been optimized and preassayed with its matched isotype control to be used at the recommended volume of 20 ul/test. Titration of the reagents or substituting with other (non-matched) isotype control is NOT recommended.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The PE-MOPC-21 immunoglobulins are suitable mouse IgG1κ isotype controls for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde fixed/saponin-permeabilized mouse or human cells for flow cytometric analysis.
This pre-titered antibody solution does not contain a cell permeabilized agent. It is necessary to include a cell permeabilization agent when using the pre-titered antibody solution to stain fixed and permeabilized cells. Perm/Wash™ Buffer (Cat. No. 554723) contains the permeabilization agent saponin and is useful for this purpose as described in the USAGE section.
1. Resuspend 1x10e6 cells fixed and permeabilized cells in 20 µl of the pre-titered antibody solution and 30 µl of 1X Perm/Wash™ Buffer (Cat. No. 554723).
2. Incubate the cell suspension for 15 minutes (at RT or 4°C).
3. Wash twice in 100 µl of 1X Perm/Wash™ Buffer (Cat. No. 554723).