PE Mouse Anti-Human Vimentin
Clone RV202 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Cow Lens Vimentin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Intermediate filaments (IF) are a subset of cytoskeletal proteins which function to give overall structural integrity to the plasma membrane as well to organize cells into specific tissues. IF proteins can be divided into six major types based upon the similarity in sequence. Vimentin belongs to the type III category of IF proteins which are expressed in leukocytes, blood vessel endothelial cells, some epithelial cells, and mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is also expressed together with several other IF proteins during the early stages of development. Vimentin is exchanged for the tissue-specific intermediate filament type as differentiation proceeds. Vimentin migrates in SDS/PAGE as a ~57 kDa protein.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.