PE Mouse anti-FAK (pS910)
Clone K73-480 (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat (Predicted)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human FAK
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK) is a cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase that associates with integrins in focal adhesions. Its cellular localization is directed by a 125-amino acid sequence at the C terminus called the "Focal Adhesion Targeting" (FAT) domain, and the phosphorylation state of serine 910 (S910) in the FAT domain may regulate the assembly of focal adhesions. Furthermore, the binding of extracellular matrix ligands to integrins triggers tyrosine phosphorylations near FAK's kinase domain that increase its kinase activity, and additional tyrosine phosphorylations near proline-rich motifs create binding sites for the SH2 domains of various adaptor proteins. FAK's ability to bind numerous structural and signaling proteins via a variety of interactions regulates FAK's targeting to focal adhesions, modulates its kinase activity, and initiates intracellular signaling cascades. Thus, studies suggest that FAK may integrate cellular events controlling cell motility, growth, and invasiveness.
The K73-480 monoclonal antibody recognizes the phosphorylated S910 of human FAK. The orthologous phosphorylation sites in mouse and rat FAK are S948 and S913, respectively.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.