PE-Cy™5 Mouse Anti-Human CD107a
Clone H4A3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LAMP1; LAMP-1; LAMPA; LGP120
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Adult Adherent Peripheral Blood Cells
- Workshop No. V P008
- Entrez Gene ID 3916
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The H4A3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD107a which is also known as Lysosomal-associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP-1). LAMP-1 is a ~110 kDa type I transmembrane protein that is heavily glycosylated and widely expressed by cells primarily on the luminal surface of their lysosomes. It is also expressed on the surface of activated platelets, activated lymphocytes, cytotoxic T cells and NK cells, and some tumor cell lines, including U937 and KG1a. LAMP-1 can serve as a ligand for E-selectin-mediated cell adhesion. LAMP-1 and LAMP-2 (CD107b) are carriers for poly-N-acetyllactosamines and are able to display sialyl Le[x] termini.
- Format PE-Cy™5
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 667 nm
PE-Cy™5 is a tandem conjugate that combines phycoerythrin and a cyanine dye. Because of its broad absorption range and the fact that its emission spectra are equivalent to APC, PE-Cy5 is not recommended for simultaneous use with APC. The Cy5 molecule has been shown to exhibit nonspecific binding to Fc receptors, which is most apparent on monocyte populations. PE-Cy5 is not recommended for fluorescence microscopy because it is subject to photobleaching.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy5 (formerly known as BD Cy-Chrome™) under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy5 were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- PE-Cy5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the PE-Cy5 tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers which may directly excite both PE and Cy5™.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- PE-Cy5 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by the 488 nm light of an Argon ion laser and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy5, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 670 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in PE-Cy5, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from PE, and minimizing lot-to-lot variation.
- PE-Cy5 tandem fluorochromes have been reported to bind some classes of human macrophages and granulocytes via Fc receptors, and PE has been reported to bind to mouse B lymphocytes via Fc receptors. Preincubation of mouse leukocytes with Mouse BD Fc Block™ purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2 can reduce the non-specific binding of PE-Cy5-conjugated reagents to mouse B cells. However, PE-Cy5 conjugated reagents should not be used to stain splenocytes of SJL, NOD, and MRL mice as B lymphocytes and/or other leukocytes have been reported to non-specifically stain regardless of the use of Mouse BD Fc Block™ (the CD72c complex has been implicated for PE-Cy5 binding in these strains). Reagents conjugated to PE, PerCP, PerCP-Cy5.5, APC, and APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome can be used on leukocytes from these mouse strains.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
We routinely test this antibody on the fixed and permeabilized Jurkat cells by flow cytometry with Cytofix/Cytoperm (Cat. No. 554714) for fixation and permeabilization.