Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD40
Clone 3/23 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, (Co)-stimulation (Reported)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Mouse CD40 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 21939
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3/23 clone monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD40, a 40-50 kDa glycoprotein expressed on B lymphocytes and other antigen-presenting cells. CD40 has been reported to be transiently expressed on activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells and in some mouse strains, the 3/23 mAb has been reported to react with 5-10% of T lymphocytes in adult mouse, but not neonatal, spleen. CD40 plays a key role in B-cell growth and differentiation where interactions of CD40 with its ligand, CD154, are involved in the initiation, effector, and memory stages of cell-mediated immune responses. In addition, CD40 has been reported to be involved with the triggering of NK cells and NK-T cells. Ligation of CD40 with the 3/23 antibody has been reported to induce splenic B cells to express the costimulatory molecule CD86 (B7-2). In addition, although the 3/23 antibody by itself is a weak B-cell mitogen, it has been reported to synergize markedly with mitogenic anti-IgM, anti-IgD mAb or IL-4 to promote B-cell proliferation.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.