PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD131
Clone JORO50 (also known as JORO 50) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD131, βc, Bc, AIC2B, Il3rb1, Csf2rb1; βIL3, BIL3, AIC2A, Il3rb2, Csf2rb2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Bone Marrow-Derived C4-77 Pro-T Lymphocyte Clone
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JORO50 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the extracellular regions of the mouse CD131/βc (Bc, AIC2B, Il3rb1, Csf2rb1) and βIL3 (BIL3, AIC2A, Il3rb2, Csf2rb2) cytokine receptor subunits. A variety of mouse cell types, including multipotential hematopoietic stem cells, mast cells, megakaryocytes, eosinophils, erythroblasts, pre-B cells, and osteoclasts, express βIL-3 and βc subunits. Either βIL-3 or βc can combine with the IL-3Rα chain to form two distinct, functional (i.e., signaling), high affinity receptors for mouse IL-3. The βIL-3 subunit by itself can bind mouse IL-3 with low affinity whereas the βc subunit can not. βc (but not βIL-3) can combine with the IL-5Rα (CD125) and GM-CSFRα (CD116) subunits to form high affinity, signaling receptors for mouse IL-5 or GM-CSF, respectively. The immunogen used to generate the JORO50 hybridoma was the bone marrow-derived, C4-77 pro-T lymphocyte clone.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.