BD™ P100 Blood Collection System
(16x100 mm / 8.5 mL)
- Tube Material Plastic
- Tube Size 16x100 mm
- Draw Volume 8.5 mL
- Closure Type BD Hemogard™
- Closure Color Clear
- Label Paper
- Cell Separator Yes (Mechanical)
- Anticoagulant K2EDTA
- Additive Proprietary Protein Stabilizers
- Sterilization Radiation , 10-6 SAL , ISO11137-1
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Human plasma contains a wide variety of proteins that hold potential as biomarkers for proteomics-based diagnostic and prognostic assays. These proteins are subject to proteolytic degradation and modification during and after blood collection.
The BD™ P100 blood collection tubes minimize preanalytical variability in plasma protein analysis. The tubes are spray coated with K2EDTA anticoagulant and proprietary protease inhibitor cocktail, specifically formulated for stabilization of human plasma proteins at the point of collection. Inclusion of a novel mechanical separator within the 8.5 mL BD™ P100 Tubes provides better separation of cellular components from plasma than gel-based separators.
BD™ P100 is for research use only – it is not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Preanalytical variability of plasma samples, and mitigating strategies.
- Inhibition of Intrinsic Proteolysis Stabilizes Plasma Samples.
- Enhanced Measurement of B-type Natriuretic Peptide through the use of BD™ P100 Blood Collection Tubes Containing Protease Inhibitors.
- Effect of Plasma Separators on Peptide MALDI-TOF MS Spectra.
Preparation and Storage
Store tubes at 4-25 ºC (39-77 ºF) unless otherwise noted on the package label. It is recommended to store the tubes in the original sealed packaging until use. The pouch with desiccant provides a moisture barrier to preserve the potency of the additives.