Purified Mouse Anti-Vimentin
Clone RV202 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rat, Mouse, Hamster, Monkey, Dog, Chicken, Rabbit, Cow, Goat (Reported)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence, Electron microscopy (Reported)
- Immunogen Purified Cow Lens Vimentin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Intermediate filaments (IF) are a subset of cytoskeletal proteins which function to give overall structural integrity to the plasma membrane as well to organize cells into specific tissues. IF proteins can be divided into six major types based upon the similarity in sequence. Vimentin belongs to the type III category of IF proteins which are expressed in leukocytes, blood vessel endothelial cells, some epithelial cells, and mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is also expressed together with several other IF proteins during the early stages of development. Vimentin is exchanged for the tissue-specific intermediate filament type as differentiation proceeds. Vimentin migrates in SDS/PAGE as a ~57 kDa protein.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.