BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD79a Clone HM47 (RUO)
- BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name
- CD79a, immunoglobulin-associated alpha ; CD79A; Ig-alpha; IGA; Igα; MB-1
- Vol. Per Test
- 5 µl
- Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Human CD79a Peptide
- Workshop No.
- V cB017
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
- Catalog No.
- List Price
- Your Price
- EA (1 Each)
The HM47 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the cytoplasmic domain of CD79a. CD79a is a 47 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein present on B lymphocytes. CD79a is also referred to as mb-1, IGA and Ig-alpha (Igα). It is expressed on B cells at various stages of differentiation, from pre-B cell stage, probably before expression of cytoplasmic µ chain, to plasma cell stage, in which it is detected only in the cytoplasm. CD79a associates with CD79b to form part of the B-cell receptor complex. It has been suggested that CD79a may play a role in mediating the transport of IgM to the cell surface. This antibody has been found to crossreact with permeabilized A20 cells (mouse B cell line).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
- Excitation Source
- Violet 405 nm
- Excitation Max
- 407 nm
- Emission Max
- 421 nm
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|554656||Stain Buffer (FBS) RUO||500 mL||
|562438||BV421 Mouse IgG1, k Isotype Control RUO||50 µg||
|554655||Fixation Buffer RUO||100 mL||
|554723||Perm/Wash Buffer RUO||100 mL||
Preparation and Storage
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
NEW SHOPPING LIST