PE Mouse Anti-Human CD38
Clone HIT2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. III T155
- Entrez Gene ID 952
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIT2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD38. The CD38 antigen is also known as T10, ADP-ribosyl cyclase 1, and cyclic ADP ribose hydrolase 1. CD38 is a 45 kDa type II single-chain transmembrane glycoprotein present on thymocytes, activated T cells and terminally differentiated B cells (plasma cells). CD38 is expressed by other cells including monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, myeloid and erythroid precursors and some epithelial cells. The CD38 antigen acts as an ectoenzyme that catalyzes the synthesis and hydrolysis of a Ca++ mobilizing agent, cyclic ADP-ribose. This intracellular calcium plays an important role in cell signaling pathways leading to cellular growth, apoptosis, and differentiation. CD38 binds to CD31 and thus plays a role in lymphocyte adhesion to endothelial cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.