This page has been recently translated and is available in French now.
The BD FACS™ SPA III aliquots blood and reagents into daughter tubes, adds lysing solution and mixes the sample according to preprogrammed or custom protocols to automate workflow and increase laboratory efficiency.
Automating flow cytometry sample preparation with the BD FACS™ SPA III speeds up processing for labor-intensive manual steps, minimizes variability by reducing manual processing errors and frees technicians’ time for other tasks.
As part of a complete package of instrumentation, software and reagents for sample prep and data acquisition and analysis, the BD FACS™ SPA III makes BD Biosciences the clear choice for clinical applications.
The BD FACS™ SPA III automates tasks for consistent sample processing
The system’s automation:
- Improves laboratory workflow efficiency and frees up technician time to perform other tasks
- Reduces errors caused by manual pipetting variability
- Minimizes interaction with potentially infectious samples, thereby reducing exposure to biohazards
The BD FACS™ SPA III offers compatibility with a variety of blood collection tubes and provides process improvements and reductions in sample waste
- Supports a wider variety of blood collection sample tubes, including several type of BD Vacutainer®, Streck Cyto-chex® and Sarstedt® products, to accommodate a range of incoming sample tube types
- Improves processing speed for multicolor IMK and TBNK assays with time savings of up to 30% over the predecessor BD FACS™ SPA II
- Has been optimized to reduce reagent waste by approximately 20% when using the single-dispense mode function
The BD FACS™ SPA III provides an efficient workflow and maintenance
The BD FACS SPA III ensures an efficient workflow allowing technicians to scan a barcode or manually enter sample information into a worklist. Patient samples are loaded into the primary tube rack while processed samples on the carousel rack are loaded on the BD FACS™ Loader of a BD flow cytometer for automated data acquisition and analysis.
Predefined BD Multitest™ 6-Color and 4-Color Panels, as well as IVD BD Tritest™ Panels, are available in the BD FACS SPA III software. The SPA worklist can be imported into the BD FACSCanto™ Clinical Software, BD FACS™ Workflow Manager Software (or BD FACSLink™) and BD FACSDiva™ Software.
Instrument maintenance procedures for priming, rinsing and cleaning are managed by predefined software settings.
The probe change procedure is performed using the software interface, further reducing human exposure to biohazards.
- Technical Specifications
- Quick Reference Guides
- BD FACSDiva™ Software for BD FACSCanto™ Systems with Loader Option
- BD FACS™ Sample Prep Assistant III (SPA III) for BD Multitest™ and BD Tritest™ Panels
- BD FACS™ Sample Prep Assistant III (SPA III) Tutorial
- Setting Up Custom Panels Used with the BD FACSLink™ LIS Interface
- Using Custom Panels with BD FACS™ SPA and BD FACSDiva™ Software and the BD FACSLink™ LIS Interface
- Using BD Panels with BD FACS™ SPA and BD FACSCanto™ Clinical Software and the BD FACSLink™ LIS Interface
- Product Information Sheet
- Product List
Request a Quote
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
BD FACS™ Sample Prep Assistant III, BD FACSCanto™ II Flow Cytometer, BD FACS™ Lysing Solution, BD Multitest™ 6-color TBNK Reagent with BD Trucount™ Tubes, BD Multitest™ 6-color TBNK and BD Tritest™ products as specified on this page are in vitro diagnostic medical devices bearing a CE mark.
BD Flow Cytometers are Class 1 Laser Products.
BD FACSClean™ Solution and BD FACSFlow™ Sheath Fluid are for Laboratory Use Only.
Sarstedt is a trademark of SARSTEDT AG & Co.
Streck Cyto-chex® is a trademark of Streck Corporate