For Professionals in Research
BD immunoassay ELISA reagents contain antibody pairs that have each been developed to work together to quantitate soluble analytes in serum, plasma and tissue culture supernatants using sandwich ELISA.
- Come in three convenient sandwich ELISA formats and provide flexibility and cost efficiency for the analysis of tissue culture supernatants
- BD OptEIA™ Kits contain all necessary reagents and precoated 96-well plates for analysis
- BD OptEIA™ Sets include sufficient capture/detection reagents and standards for five or twenty 96-well plates
- Are composed of unlabeled capture antibodies, biotinylated detection antibodies and protein standards
- Offer a wide range of specificities and assay design flexibility with individual reagents as well as convenient set and kit formats
- Provide a cost-effective approach with single-vial reagents offering a wide range of specificities along with assay design flexibility to develop your own immunoassays
BD OptEIA™ Kits provide all necessary components for convenient quantitation of soluble proteins in serum, plasma and tissue culture supernatants using assay technology that has been trusted by researchers for almost 50 years
The kits contain pre-coated 96-microwell plates with all necessary reagents to measure analyte protein levels, eliminating the time and resources required to develop and optimize an assay. The BD OptEIA™ ELISA Kit II format was developed for superior accuracy with serum and plasma specimens.
Sensitivity: Detection as low as 1 pg/mL
Precision: Low inter- and intra-assay variation
Ease of use: 3.5-hour incubation time, room temperature, no shaking
Accuracy: Specially formulated diluents for superb serum spike recovery
BD OptEIA™ Kits contain:
- Precoated 96-well plates
- Lyophilized standards
- Detection antibodies
- Streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase
- Standard/sample diluent
- ELISA diluent
- Wash concentrate
- TMB one-step substrate reagent
- Stop solution
BD OptEIA™ Sets utilize optimized detection antibodies to measure cytokine (and other soluble protein) levels in serum, plasma and tissue culture supernatants
The detection antibodies in most sets are specifically fragmented to reduce background and nonspecific binding to autoantibodies and plasma proteins
such as complement components, acute phase proteins and fibronectin.
The sets are packaged for convenience with sufficient reagents for five or twenty 96-well plates. The components are pretitrated and QC-tested.
Detailed instructions for dilution of the reagents are included with each set, virtually eliminating the need for tedious optimization experiments.
BD OptEIA™ Sets contain:
- Reagents for five or twenty ELISA plates
- Capture antibody
- Biotinylated detection antibody
- Streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase
- Recombinant standard
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Information Sheets
- Blocking the Plate [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Capture Antibody Preparation and Coating [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Getting Started [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Standard Preparation and Handling [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Standard and Sample Addition [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Stopping the Reaction and Reading the Plate [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- TMB Substrate Preparation and Addition [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Troubleshooting: High Background [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Troubleshooting: Low/No Signal [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Troubleshooting: Poor Standard Curve [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Troubleshooting: Well-to-Well Precision [ QuickTime ]
- Washing the Plates [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Working Detector Preparation [ QuickTime ] [ Windows Media ]
- Product List
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
QuickTime is a trademark of Apple Inc. Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Refer to manufacturer's instructions for use and related User Manuals and Technical Data Sheets before using this product as described.
Comparisons, where applicable, are made against older BD technology, manual methods or are general performance claims. Comparisons are not made against non-BD technologies, unless otherwise noted.