The BD FACS™ SPA III aliquots blood and reagents into daughter tubes, adds lysing solution and mixes the sample according to the preprogrammed or custom protocols to automate workflow and increase efficiency.
Automating flow cytometry sample preparation with the BD FACS™ SPA III speeds up processing for labor-intensive manual steps, minimizes variability by reducing manual processing errors and frees technicians’ time for other tasks.
As part of a complete package of instrumentation, software and reagents for sample prep and data acquisition and analysis, the BD FACS™ SPA III makes BD Biosciences the clear choice for clinical applications.
The BD FACS™ SPA III automates tasks and speeds up sample processing
The system’s automation:
- Improves laboratory workflow efficiency and frees up technician time to perform other tasks
- Accelerates sample processing
- Reduces reagent waste in a single dispense compared to the predecessor BD FACS™ SPA II
- Handles a variety of blood collection tubes to support a wide range of applications
- Reduces errors caused by pipetting variability
- Minimizes interaction with potentially infectious samples, thereby reducing exposure to biohazards
The BD FACS™ SPA III offers compatibility with a variety of blood collection tubes and provides process improvements and reductions in sample waste
- Supports a wider variety of blood collection sample tubes, including several configurations of BD Vacutainer® and Sarstedt® products, to accommodate a range of incoming sample tube types
- Offers savings in both time and cost with processing speed improvements and reductions in reagent waste
- Improves processing speeds for multicolor IMK and TBNK assays for time savings of up to 30% over the predecessor BD FACS™ SPA II
- Has been optimized to reduce reagent waste by approximately 20% when using the single-dispense mode
The BD FACS™ SPA III provides an efficient workflow and maintenance
The SPA III ensures an efficient workflow—It allows technicians to scan a barcode or manually enter sample information into a worklist. Patient samples are loaded into the primary tube rack. Processed samples on the BD FACS™ Loader carousel rack are loaded into a BD flow cytometer for automated data acquisition and analysis.
Predefined BD Multitest™ 6-Color and 4-Color Panels, as well as BD Tritest™ Panels, are available in SPA software. The SPA worklist can be imported into BD FACSCanto™ Clinical Software, BD® Worklist Manager Software and BD FACSDiva™ Software.
Instrument maintenance procedures for priming, rinsing and cleaning are managed by predefined software settings.
The probe change procedure has been simplified compared to the predecessor BD FACS™ SPA II and is now performed using the software interface, further reducing human exposure to biohazards.
- Technical Specifications
- Quick Reference Guides
- BD FACSDiva™ Software for BD FACSCanto™ Systems with Loader Option
- BD FACS™ Sample Prep Assistant III (SPA III) for BD Multitest™ and BD Tritest™ Panels
- BD FACS™ Sample Prep Assistant III (SPA III) Tutorial
- Setting Up Custom Panels Used with the BD FACSLink™ LIS Interface
- Using Custom Panels with BD FACS™ SPA and BD FACSDiva™ Software and the BD FACSLink™ LIS Interface
- Using BD Panels with BD FACS™ SPA and BD FACSCanto™ Clinical Software and the BD FACSLink™ LIS Interface
- Product Information Sheet
- Product List
- Frequently Asked Questions
Request a Quote
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
BD FACS™ Sample Prep Assistant III is for In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
SARSTEDT is a trademark of SARSTEDT AG & Co.