- Is designed to complement and physically integrate with the BD FACSLyric™ Flow Cytometer
- Provides a complete walkaway sample-to-answer solution
- Drives productivity and accuracy in your results through its automation protocol, minimizing manual intervention
- Supports the labs in being compliant with ISO-15189 accreditation with complete workflow traceability
The BD FACSDuet™ System delivers standardization, efficiency and flexibility
- Data reproducibility with standardization of processes and protocols
- Consistency in operations with an intuitive software interface minimizing training need and variations due to different operators’ experience. System automation eliminates manual steps and the risk for generating errors and testing repetition.
- Efficiency and productivity with predictable sample throughput; the continuous specimen loading enables predictable volume processing with creation of lab test volume capacity
- Traceability of specimen, sample, reagents and worklists eliminates manual data transcription and risk for error, helping conform to ISO 15189 accreditation
- Modularity and flexibility to accommodate a wide range of lab needs
The BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System enables flexibility in specimen and tube loading
The BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System answers the growing needs of laboratories to handle different types and sizes of specimen tubes and supports hospitals’ needs for consolidation and testing centralization.
The BD FACSDuet Sample Preparation System:
Delivers the flexibility that is required by supporting a variety of blood collection tubes from different manufacturers, including BD Vacutainer®, Sarstedt S-Monovette®, Greiner and Streck Tubes.
Multiple tube adaptors are available which are barcoded and colour coded for easy identification supporting accurate tube piercing and sample volume dispensing.
Up to 40 specimen tubes can be accommodated at any given time in four racks holding 10 specimens each, driving workflow efficiency and throughput.
Two type of specimen racks are available, one of which is specifically designed for pediatric tubes (B).
Specimen traceability and automated worklist creation are guaranteed by 5 different barcodes on the specimen rack, identifying:
- Tube position
- Empty position
Automated barcode scanning during rack insertion enables
- Patient specimen traceability
- Pipetting management
- Retrieving patient and assay information from the laboratory information system (LIS) for automated worklist creation
The BD FACSDuet™ System allows for sample throughout and traceability of samples and worklist through carrier barcode
Worklist traceability is enabled by scanning the carrier barcode, which is associated to a specific worklist and defined specimens.
Secondary tubes are loaded in the BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System onto 30 or 40 tube sample carriers, compatible with the BD FACSLyric™ Flow Cytometer.
Barcoded secondary tubes are scanned to ensure sample traceability and association to the specimen and the worklist.
Up to three carriers can be loaded at the same time onboard the BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System, allowing for increased sample throughput.
Refer to the technical specifications for more information.
The BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System delivers flexibility in antibody panel design and walkaway capabilities by accommodating up to 46 reagent vials in two separate racks
The system enables a wide variety of reagent vials with the use of vial adaptors.
In addition to the barcode on the antibody vial (4), the reagent rack has 3 barcodes: identifying the rack (1), identifying the reagent position (2), and identifying the empty position (3). Barcodes on reagent racks and antibody vials drive reagent traceability, efficient antibody management and reduction of reagent waste.
Reagent cocktailing functionality allows on-board automated antibody cocktail preparation, eliminating the risk for errors in manual pipetting and driving automated recording of all used antibodies for easier tracking and auditing.
Cap racks are available to avoid misplacing caps and antibody cross-contamination.
Request a Quote
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
The BD FACSLyric™ Flow Cytometer and BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System are Class 1 Laser Products.
The BD FACSLyric™ Flow Cytometer is for In Vitro Diagnostic Use with BD FACSuite™ Clinical Application for up to six colors.
The BD FACSLyric™ Flow Cytometer is for Research Use Only with BD FACSuite™ Application for up to 12 colors. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
The BD FACSDuet™ Sample Preparation System is for In Vitro Diagnostic Use. Sample preparation for user defined protocols and cocktailing functions are for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.