Choose from four instrument configurations. All configurations have blue (488-nm) and violet (405-nm) lasers, which can be paired with a red (640-nm), ultraviolet (355-nm) or yellow-green (561-nm) laser, depending on your application needs.
Watch the video describing the ease of use of the BD FACSCelesta™ Flow Cytometer.
The BD FACSCelesta™ Cell Analyzer enables deep and powerful insights in cell analysis at your benchtop
- 4 different laser configurations within a compact footprint
- Fluidics capable of acquiring tube or plate formats
- Known and trusted BD FACSDiva™ Software helps streamline flow cytometry workflows
Explore the configuration sheets for different laser combinations:
The BD FACSCelesta™ Cell Analyzer is optimized for use with BD Horizon Brilliant™ Dyes
More parameters mean more impact
- The optical and electronics system—lasers, filters, detectors, optical paths and signal processing technologies—have been engineered for use with BD Horizon Brilliant™ Dyes.
- A system of dichroic mirrors and bandpass filters, packed into a compact polygon, splits off light from each laser and directs it to the correct detectors
- The detectors (photomultiplier tubes or PMTs) themselves fit compactly behind the filter assemblies
Options to enhance and tailor your BD FACSCelesta™ Cell Analyzer toward your specific research needs
BD FACSFlow™ Supply System (FFSS) and BD® High Throughput Sampler (HTS) options available when you need
- The optional FFSS fluidics cart increases capacity and ease of use while maintaining a stable fluidics pressure and reduces daily maintenance by incorporating two 20-L containers (Cubitainers™)
- Fluidic sensors maintain constant pressure, and a fluidics monitoring system warns when sheath fluid is low or empty or when the waste container is full
- A digital control panel makes it easy to monitor the operational status of the cytometer and make adjustments
- The HTS option provides rapid, fully automated sample acquisition from microtiter plates and supports a wide range of research applications and is compatible with 96-well U, V and flat-bottom plates as well as 384-well microtiter plates
- In high-throughput mode, the HTS can process a 96-well plate in less than 15 minutes with less than 1% carryover and standard throughput mode can be selected to acquire larger sample volumes or where longer acquisition times are required
Rare cells, or cells that have few surface receptors of a marker of interest, can be difficult to detect using conventional reagents. Bright reagents are essential in resolving these dim cells from others in a sample.
BD Horizon Brilliant™ Dyes can endow previously dim cells with much brighter fluorescence signals than traditional organic fluorescent dyes or even phycobiliproteins such as PE or APC as demonstrated in the figures below.
Optimization for these bright dyes enables the BD FACSCelesta™ System to identify cell populations with a broader range of receptor density.
Using a broad landscape of cell function assays, flow cytometry can shed light on a variety of sample types, such as whole blood, cell lines and yeast.
- Detect and analyze light scatter to measure physical characteristics of cells in suspension, such as cell shape, size and internal complexity.
- Add fluorescent markers to interrogate expressed or secreted proteins that reveal cell phenotype, function and status.
Explore the data book featuring data collected for various cell biology applications using the BD FACSCelesta™ System.
- Filter Guide
- Technical Specifications
- User's Guide
- Configuration Sheets
- Data Book
- Product Information Sheets
- A flow cytometry solution for fluorescent protein analysis and beyond
- A high-throughput flow cytometry assay to assess PD-1 receptor occupancy
- BD FACSDiva™ Data Sheet
- Combining instrument sensitivity with bright dyes to resolve low-density antigens
- Designing minimal spectral overlap panels to enhance data quality
- Enhanced cell cycle studies using multicolor flow cytometry
- Flow cytometric assessment of CD8 + cytotoxic T-cell activation in a mixed lymphocyte reaction
- High-dimensional flow-cytometric analysis of human B-cell populations
- Immunophenotyping and functional analysis of rare cell populations
- Understanding NK cell cytotoxicity against tumor cells using flow cytometry
Request a Quote/Inquiry
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Class 1 Laser Product.
Alexa Fluor is a trademark of Life Technologies Corporation. ATCC, HTB-22 and HTB-26 are trademarks of ATCC. CF is a trademark of Biotium, Inc. Cubitainer is a trademark of Hedwin Corporation. Cy is a trademark of Global Life Sciences Solutions Germany GmbH or an affiliate doing business as Cytiva. Living Colors (including mCherry dye) is a trademark of Clontech. SPHERO™ is a trademark of Spherotech, Inc.
APC-Cy7: US patent 5,714,386