BV510 Mouse Anti-Human CD41a
Clone HIP8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name ITGA2B; Integrin alpha-2b (αIIb); Platelet glycoprotein IIb (GPIIb)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified platelet membrane glycoproteins
- Workshop No. IV P38
- Entrez Gene ID 3674
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIP8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the α-chain of CD41. CD41 is also known as Integrin αIIb or Platelet GPIIb. The calcium-dependent complex of CD41 and CD61 (β3 integrin or GPIIIa) is normally expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes. The CD41/CD61 complex is the receptor for fibrinogen, fibronectin and von Willebrand factor, and mediates platelet adhesion and aggregation. CD41 (clone HIP8) completely inhibits ADP-, epinephrine-, and collagen-induced platelet activation, and partially inhibits ristocetin- and thrombin-induced platelet activation. This antibody is useful in the morphological and physiological studies of platelets and megakaryocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.