PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse Anti-Stat3
Clone M59-50 (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name STAT3; Acute-phase response factor; APRF; HIES
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat (Predicted)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Stat3 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Stat (Signal transducer and activators of transcription) proteins are critical mediators of the biologic activity of cytokines, including interleukins, interferons, erythropoietin, and growth factors. Ligand-receptor interaction leads to activation of constitutively associated JAK family kinases and subsequent recruitment/activation of Stat proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation. Active Stat proteins then move to the nucleus to promote transcription of cytokine-inducible genes. Stat3 is a 92-kDa protein that is activated as a DNA-binding protein through cytokines, such as IL-6, and growth factors, such as EGF. Upon activation, Stat3 dimerizes, translocates to the nucleus and binds DNA response elements, thereby regulating gene expression. It has been reported that Stat3 binds to DNA as a homodimer, but it is also capable of binding as a heterodimer with Stat1. Stat3 is widely expressed and can bind to the sis-inducible element (SIE) site from the c-fos promoter. This site is similar to the GAS element that is present in IFN-γ induced genes.
The M59-50 monoclonal antibody recognizes Stat3 (isoform 1) regardless of phosphorylation status. The specificity of this antibody conjugate for flow cytometric analysis was validated by confirming that RNA-mediated interference (RNAi) of the specific protein reduced the staining of the cells (see figure). Furthermore, the capacity of the RNAi to down-regulate the expression of the relevant protein was confirmed by western blot analysis.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.