FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD138
Clone MI15 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Syndecan; SDC; Syndecan 1; SDC1; SYND1
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human U266 and XG-1 Myeloma Cell Lines
- Workshop No. VI BP100, B005
- Entrez Gene ID 6382
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MI15 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD138 (Syndecan-1), an 85-92 kDa single chain transmembrane protein, which is strongly expressed on multiple-myeloma-derived cell lines and malignant plasma cell populations. It is also expressed on pre-B cells, immature B cells, and plasma cells, but not on mature circulating B-lymphocytes. Syndecan-1 is a member of the transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycans family. It is also expressed on some non-hematopoietic cells, including embryonic mesenchymal cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial and neural cells. CD138 binds to many extracellular matrix proteins through its heparan sulfate side-chains, like fibronectin, collagen types I, III, and V, tenascin, thrombospondin, and antithrombin III. It is considered an extracellular matrix receptor that may serve as a co-receptor for fibroblast growth factor and related molecules. Monoclonal antibody MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 (other anti-syndecan-1 antibodies) by flow cytometric analysis.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.