BV510 Mouse Anti-Human CD138
Clone MI15 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Syndecan; SDC; Syndecan 1; SDC1; SYND1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human U266 and XG-1 Myeloma Cell Lines
- Workshop No. VI BP100, B005
- Entrez Gene ID 6382
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MI15 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD138 (Syndecan-1), an 85-92 kDa single chain transmembrane protein, which is strongly expressed on multiple-myeloma-derived cell lines and malignant plasma cell populations. It is also expressed on pre-B cells, immature B cells, and plasma cells, but not on mature circulating B-lymphocytes. Syndecan-1 is a member of the transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycans family. It is also expressed on some non-hematopoietic cells, including embryonic mesenchymal cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial and neural cells. CD138 binds to many extracellular matrix proteins through its heparan sulfate side-chains, like fibronectin, collagen types I, III, and V, tenascin, thrombospondin, and antithrombin III. It is considered an extracellular matrix receptor that may serve as a co-receptor for fibroblast growth factor and related molecules. Monoclonal antibody MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 (other anti-syndecan-1 antibodies) by flow cytometric analysis.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.