Purified Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6G
Clone 1A8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-paraffin, Induction, Immunoprecipitation, Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Reported)
- Immunogen Ly-6G-transfected EL4J Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 1A8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Ly-6G, a 21-25-kDa GPI-anchored protein. In the bone marrow, Ly6G is expressed on the majority of the largest cells, predominantly granulocytes, but not on lymphoid or erythroid cells. In the periphery, it is expressed on granulocytes. The mAb RB6-8C5 recognizes both Ly-6G and Ly-6C and blocks the binding of mAb 1A8 to Ly-6G.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Recommended Assay Procedure:
For flow cytometry of leukocyte suspensions, we recommend the use of Mouse Fc Block™ (purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2, Cat. No. 553141/553142). If Mouse Fc Block™ is used, it is important that the second-step antibody does not react with the 2.4G2 mAb (rat IgG2b, κ); we recommend FITC-conjugated anti-rat IgG2a mAb RG7/1.30 (Cat. No. 553896). Other reported applications include immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemical staining (IHC) of paraffin-embedded and acetone fixed frozen sections, and induction of T-cell inhibitory signalling. For IHC, we recommend the use of purified RB6-8C5 mAb in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry, Cat. No. 550291.