BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse CD205 (DEC-205)
Clone V18-949 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Cd205; DEC-205; DEC205; Ly-75; Ly75; Lymphocyte antigen 75
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CD205 (DEC-205)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The V18-949 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD205 which is also known as Dendritic and thymic Epithelial Cells, 205 kDa (DEC-205). CD205 (DEC-205) is a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by Ly75 (lymphocyte antigen 75). CD205 (DEC-205) is highly expressed by both CD8+ and CD103+ dendritic cell subsets and Langerhans cells. It is variably expressed by some other dendritic cell types, Gr1+ (Ly-6G and Ly-6C) bone marrow cells, B cells, macrophages, granulocytes, and mucosal and thymic cortical epithelial cells. CD205 (DEC-205) belongs to the C-type lectin receptor family and functions as a pattern recognition receptor and an endocytic receptor that participates in the cellular processing and presentation of foreign or self antigens to initiate immunity or tolerance.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.