BB515 Rat Anti-Mouse CD62L
Clone MEL-14 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Sell; L-selectin; LECAM-1; LAM-1; Lnhr; Ly-22; Ly-m22; Lyam-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C3H/eb mouse B lymphoma 38C-13
- Entrez Gene ID 20343
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEL-14 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD62L (L-selectin), a 95 kDa (on neutrophils) or 74 kDa (on lymphocytes) receptor with lectin-like and Epidermal Growth Factor-like domains. In the mouse, L-selectin is detected on most thymocytes, with the highest levels of expression on an immunocompetent subset and a population of dividing progenitor cells, and on peripheral leukocytes, including subsets of B and T lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and eosinophils. This member of the selectin adhesion molecule family appears to be required for lymphocyte homing to peripheral lymph nodes and to contribute to neutrophil emigration at inflammatory sites. L-selectin is rapidly shed from lymphocytes and neutrophils upon cellular activation; metalloproteinases may mediate the release of CD62L ectodomains from the cell surface. The level of CD62L expression, along with other markers, distinguishes naive, effector, and memory T cells. L-selectin binds to sialytaed oligosaccharide determinants on high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral lymph nodes. In vitro studies have demonstrated that CD34, GlyCAM-1, and MAdCAM-1, all recognized by mAb MECA-79 (anti-mouse PNAd Carbohydrate Epitope, Cat. No. 553863), may be ligands for CD62L. MEL-14 mAb blocks in vitro binding of lymphocytes to peripheral lymph node HEV and inhibits in vivo lymphocyte extravasation into peripheral lymph nodes and late stages of leukocyte rolling.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (e.g. 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.