APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD62L
Clone MEL-14 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Sell; L-selectin; LECAM-1; LAM-1; Lnhr; Ly-22; Ly-m22; Lyam-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C3H/eb mouse B lymphoma 38C-13
- Entrez Gene ID 20343
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEL-14 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD62L (L-selectin), a 95 kDa (on neutrophils) or 74 kDa (on lymphocytes) receptor with lectin-like and Epidermal Growth Factor-like domains. In the mouse, L-selectin is detected on most thymocytes, with the highest levels of expression on an immunocompetent subset and a population of dividing progenitor cells, and on peripheral leukocytes, including subsets of B and T lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and eosinophils. This member of the selectin adhesion molecule family appears to be required for lymphocyte homing to peripheral lymph nodes and to contribute to neutrophil emigration at inflammatory sites. L-selectin is rapidly shed from lymphocytes and neutrophils upon cellular activation; metalloproteinases may mediate the release of CD62L ectodomains from the cell surface. The level of CD62L expression, along with other markers, distinguishes naive, effector, and memory T cells. L-selectin binds to sialytaed oligosaccharide determinants on high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral lymph nodes. In vitro studies have demonstrated that CD34, GlyCAM-1, and MAdCAM-1, all recognized by mAb MECA-79 (anti-mouse PNAd Carbohydrate Epitope, Cat. No. 553863), may be ligands for CD62L. MEL-14 mAb blocks in vitro binding of lymphocytes to peripheral lymph node HEV and inhibits in vivo lymphocyte extravasation into peripheral lymph nodes and late stages of leukocyte rolling.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.