Alexa Fluor® 700 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6C
Clone AL-21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly6c; Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus C; Lymphocyte antigen Ly-6C
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Not reported
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The AL-21 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to a non-polymorphic determinant of Ly-6C, a 14-17 kDa GPI-linked cell-surface antigen found on some monocyte/macrophage populations, granulocytes, endothelial cells, plasma cells, and thymocyte, NK-cell, and T-subsets. Mice with the Ly-6.2 alloantigen (eg, AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129) have subsets of CD8+ and CD4+ Ly-6C+ T cells, while Ly-6.1 strains (eg, A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have only CD8+ Ly-6C+ T cells. Upregulation of Ly-6C expression on CD8+ T cells by interferons α and β and poly (I:C) has been described, and Ly-6C is a memory marker on CD8+ T cells.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.