PE Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone OKT3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3E; CD3e; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon; T3E; TCRE
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Sheep Erythrocyte Rosette-purified Human T Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the CD3 epsilon subunit (CD3e/CD3ε) of the CD3 complex which consists of four transmembrane proteins (γ, δ, ε, ζ) that are associated with the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) to form the CD3/TCR complex. The CD3 complex associates with either TCR αβ or TCR γδ heterodimers that are alternatively expressed by some thymocytes, T cells or NKT cells. The CD3 complex is required for the cell surface expression and signal-transducing functions of the TCR. The CD3 complex is expressed by ~60-85% thymocytes and by all peripheral mature T cells. CD3e is also known as T3E or TCRE. CD3e is a ~20 kDa unglycosylated type I transmembrane protein that is encoded by CD3E which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). CD3e has an Ig-like extracellular domain (ECD) and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) in its cytoplasmic domain. The OKT3 antibody can reportedly fix complement, stimulate T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and block the binding of other human CD3e-specific antibodies including UCHT1 and SK7.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.