The BD FACSymphony™ A5 SE Cell Analyzer offers the ability to:
- Gain full visible spectrum coverage to collect all light emitted without the need for filter changes, increasing dye flexibility and number of simultaneous colors
- Unmix spectral data live in BD FACSDiva™ Software while retaining familiar compensation workflow
- May improve resolution of difficult cells and populations using autofluorescence unmixing
- Access spectral abilities on your BD FACSymphony™ A5 instrument with an A5 SE upgrade kit
- Choose between spectral or compensation-based workflows, achieved through careful optical design and added software functionality
Learn more from the BD FACSymphony™ A5 SE Cell Analyzer brochure.
The BD FACSymphony™ A5 SE Cell Analyzer offers an optical design to enable both spectral unmixing and compensation workflows
Algorithmically optimized filter set collects full spectrum of emitted light
- Algorithm trained on available dyes to optimize placement of 48 detectors across five onboard lasers
Software functionality allows live spectral unmixing or compensation workflows in BD FACSDiva™ Software
- Using the familiar BD FACSDiva™ Software workflow, assign a dye to a detector with the choice to analyze using compensation or spectral unmixing live during acquisition
- Visualize spectral profile with spectral plots
- Resolve populations with high autofluorescence using autofluorescence unmixing
Premium BD FACSymphony™ System technology enhances resolution
- Scalable detector array technology allows for up to 20 detectors on a single laser line
- Enables square form fit and gallium arsenide (GaAs) PMTs for enhanced resolution
High-sensitivity GaAs PMTs
- Reduce noise and increase sensitivity in red and near-infrared emission channels
- Maximize resolution across visible spectrum by utilizing two or three GaAs PMTs off each laser line for emission of 720 nm or greater
Take your analysis to the next level with FlowJo™ v10.8 Software including improved BD FACSDiva™ Software support
- Match spectral unmixing results between BD FACSDiva™ Software and FlowJo™ v10.8 Software so your visualizations are the same during acquisition or analysis
- Use BD FACSDiva™ Software to unmix autofluorescence or unmix in FlowJo™ Software, which includes the AutoSpill and AutoSpread algorithms
- FlowJo™ Software provides a number of useful tools for high-dimensional visualization and analysis of BD FACSymphony™ Cell Analyzer data including tSNE, OptSNE, UMAP, TriMap, EmbedSOM and more
Keep up to date on the latest plugins at FlowJo Exchange.
The BD® High Throughput Sampler (HTS) and BD FACSFlow™ Supply System (FFSS) options are available for increased efficiency
The HTS option:
- Automates and accelerates sample acquisition
- Compatible with 96- and 384-well plates
- <0.5% sample carryover in high-throughput mode
The FFSS option:
- Increases capacity and ease of use while maintaining a stable fluidics pressure
- Reduces daily maintenance by incorporating a 20-L BD FACSFlow™ Cubitainer
The BD FACSymphony™ A5 SE Cell Analyzer offers flexibility of spectral unmixing or compensation-based workflows in a single instrument
Gallium arsenide (GaAs) PMTs reduce noise and increase resolution in far red and near-infrared channels
What is spectral cytometry?
Spectral flow cytometry represents an alternative data acquisition and analysis strategy to conventional flow cytometry providing advantages in flexibility of fluorescent label inputs without having to change filters, as well as the ability to multiplex more fluorescent labels in one multicolor sample.
BD FACSymphony™ A5 SE Cell Analyzer
Unlock the full potential of the BD FACSymphony™ platform with the flexibility of spectral unmixing or compensation workflows.
Request a Quote
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Class 1 Laser Product.
Note: For specificities not yet available in the catalog or through BD Optibuild™ Custom Reagents, high-parameter users have access to a small-scale custom conjugation program for BD Horizon Brilliant™ Dyes, including early access to the high-parameter dye menu.
Alexa Fluor is a trademark of Life Technologies Corporation. Cy is a trademark of Global Life Sciences Solutions Germany GmbH or an affiliate doing business as Cytiva.
Refer to manufacturer's instructions for use and related User Manuals and Technical Data Sheets before using this product as described.
Comparisons, where applicable, are made against older BD technology, manual methods or are general performance claims. Comparisons are not made against non-BD technologies, unless otherwise noted.