For Professionals in Research
The BD® ELISPOT Assay is a powerful tool for detecting and analyzing individual cells that secrete a particular protein in vitro. BD® ELISPOT Reagents coupled with a high-throughput ELISPOT plate reader provide intuitive analysis of cytokines at the single-cell level.
- Provide direct analysis of frequency of cells producing cytokines and other effector molecules using an enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT) assay
- Offer greater sensitivity than ELISAs and intracellular staining
- Enable high-throughput analyses for direct ex vivo monitoring of T-cell function, including antigen-specific T cells
- Offer the flexibility to choose among several formats:
- BD® ELISPOT Kits—ready-to-use kits with precoated BD® ELISPOT Plates for human, nonhuman primate and mouse research
- BD® ELISPOT Reagent Sets—coat-it-yourself sets with sufficient capture antibody, detection antibody and streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase for 10 plates worth of assays (includes 10 uncoated plates)
- BD® ELISPOT Reagent Pairs–matched antibody pairs. Sufficient capture antibody and detection antibody for 5 plates
BD® ELISPOT Assay is able to detect cytokine release at the single-cell level, allowing for direct determination of cytokine-producing cell frequencies
- Has been found to be more sensitive than ELISAs and intracellular staining. The sensitivity of the assay enables measurement of very low frequencies of cytokine-producing cells (for example, 1 in 300,000).
- Enables single-cell and high-throughput analyses for direct ex vivo monitoring of T-cell function, including antigen-specific T cells.
- Contains carefully screened reagents to ensure the generation of crisp, clearly defined immunospots. High-affinity BD Pharmingen™ NA/LE Capture Antibodies safeguard against nonspecific cellular activation.
- Has carefully selected detection antibodies, along with ready-to-use preparations of streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase, substrate and chromogen to produce optimal BD® ELISPOT Reagents.
An automated coating process for the BD® ELISPOT Plates helps to minimize inconsistency of results
BD Biosciences kits undergo strict quality control processes to ensure high-quality assay results with minimal well-to-well and plate-to-plate variation. The plates are coated with no azide/low endotoxin capture antibodies, are UV processed, and are tested and found negative for bacteria and fungi.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Information Sheets
- Product List
- Blocking the Plate
- Capture Antibody Preparation and Coating
- Getting Started
- Standard Preparation and Handling
- Standard and Sample Addition
- Stopping the Reaction and Reading the Plate
- TMB Substrate Preparation and Addition
- Troubleshooting: High Background
- Troubleshooting: Low/No Signal
- Troubleshooting: Poor Standard Curve
- Troubleshooting: Well-to-Well Precision
- Washing the Plates
- Working Detector Preparation
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
QuickTime is a trademark of Apple Inc. Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Refer to manufacturer's instructions for use and related User Manuals and Technical Data Sheets before using this product as described.
Comparisons, where applicable, are made against older BD technology, manual methods or are general performance claims. Comparisons are not made against non-BD technologies, unless otherwise noted.